The Academic Dean of Engineering, Manufacturing and Industrial Technologies has college-wide responsibilities in the areas of engineering, manufacturing and industrial technologies and reports to the Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs. The Dean of Engineering, Manufacturing and Industrial Technologies leads by coordination and collaboration, working closely with other deans as a Deans' Cabinet to ensure common practices and procedures. The primary responsibilities of this Dean are to support the academic mission and purposes of the College and to serve as an academic leader. Successful candidates will supervise employees working under collective bargaining agreements (faculty and staff). The employee is expected to work in a multi-cultural, diverse working environment.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Understanding of and commitment to the comprehensive community college mission
- Ability to lead change
- Ability to foster student-centered environments
- Ability to promote effective teaching and learning based on knowledge of contemporary methods of career/technical instructional delivery and curriculum development and/or transfer programs
- Experience in planning and budgeting
- Understanding of collective bargaining and contract administration
- Ability to communicate and work effectively with business and industry
MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
EDUCATION: Master's Degree in a discipline within the Division.
EXPERIENCE: Teaching experience in higher education and/or corporate education experience within the last five years. A combined total of six or more years of full-time teaching, academic administration, or private sector employment in a related career/technical field are required. Administrative work may include department chair experience.
This description is intended to indicate the types of duties and responsibilities requested of the employee assigned this title. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the duties and responsibilities that may be required.
- Collaborates with faculty to develop, deliver and monitor learning-centered credit and non-credit instruction that are learner-centered.
- Facilitate the implementation of policies, procedures and objectives at the college level under the direction of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Academic Affairs.
- Provide leadership in meeting State and Federal vocational education compliance requirements.
- Provide leadership in the development and implementation of program developments, curriculum development, curriculum review and student outcomes assessment.
- Establish and maintain program advisory committees through positive professional relationships with business and industry representatives.
- Partner with the College's Workforce Development to implement Engineering, Manufacturing and Industrial Technologies customized contracted training offerings.
- Cultivate new and enhance existing relationships between the College and business and industry.
- Work effectively within an institutional environment where strong interpersonal skills are necessary to accomplish administrative goals.
- Represent administrative views and needs on college-wide committees dealing with a wide variety of academic issues.
- Collaborate with other deans and administrators in managing operations, services and resources to meet the learner's needs; review the master class schedule developed by faculty and make recommendations as needed to improve student options.
- Review and approve departmental budgets; monitor expenditures.
- Supervise faculty and staff; conduct performance evaluations.
- Represent the College in appropriate community and professional organizations.
- Mediate conflict and resolve issues involving faculty, staff, and students; meet with students to discuss problems, complaints and assist in devising equitable responses and solutions.
- Participate in shared governance pursuant to labor agreements, college policy and applicable laws.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
To be considered all applicants must complete and submit an on-line application and upload a cover letter, current resume, list of three references with contact information and copies of transcripts for all conferred degrees earned.
NOTE: All information requested must be submitted to evaluate your qualifications. Transcripts (if required) must show required degrees were conferred prior to the closing date of the job posting. Failure to submit all required documentation as listed on the job posting will eliminate an applicant from further consideration.