World Affairs is seeking a highly motivated intern to support its audio and video production. Candidates should have previous production experience either through coursework or in a professional environment. This role is most appropriate for Digital Media, Film and Video graduates or similar who are looking for hands-on audio and video production experience in a live event environment.
• Recording audio and video
• Screening/logging/transcribing/editing footage
• Providing post-production support
• Publishing podcasts and updating iTunes RSS feed
• Cataloging archival digital media
• Performing administrative tasks in support of the Marketing and Communications team, as necessary
• Knowledge and experience shooting with various digital video cameras, lighting and sound techniques
• Ability to work efficiently and creatively to produce high-quality video products in a fast-paced, often live environment
• Proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically, Premiere, Photoshop, Illustrator and Audition
• Familiarity with posting multimedia content to online platforms (YouTube, Vimeo, iTunes, blogs, etc.)
• Passion for international perspectives and foreign affairs is a plus
Hours: 10-15 hours per week dependent upon our event schedule, but typical hours would be 04:00pm – 08:00pm, including set-up, shoot and edit of events hosted at our auditorium at 312 Sutter St.