Assistant/Associate Professor of Accounting
Job Summary: The College of Business and Entrepreneurship is committed to fostering a student-centered learning environment that is consistent with the University and CBE’s core values. This is accomplished by the mastery of the major tenets of business through innovative and cutting edge technologies, and systems as well as real-world experiential learning activities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Teach assigned undergraduate and graduate courses as specified by the Department Chair and/or Academic Dean.
- Assist in evaluating and selecting texts and instructional materials; prepare course materials and lesson plans.
- Use the University’s learning management system to post syllabus, assignments and other materials and to communicate with students.
- Observe and evaluate student performance in meeting course objectives and learning outcomes through assignments, projects, discussions or examinations.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records in order to provide feedback in a timely manner on student progress and grade reports.
- Maintain office hours.
- Work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.
- Attend committee, departmental and College’s monthly meeting.
- Serve on committees of the University upon election or appointment.
- Willing to Sponsor or Co-Sponsor student extracurricular activities.
- Participate or provide leadership in community service activity.
- Attend academic convocation, baccalaureate and commencement ceremonies.
- Perform such administrative or other duties as may be specifically designated in annual or special contracts or assigned by the appropriate department head or the Dean.
- Ph.D. or an equivalent degree in Accounting. CPA credential is preferred but not required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Worker Characteristics:
- Evidence of teaching excellence at the college level, including course and curriculum development; evidence of scholarly activity in the specific area; evidence of active involvement in ongoing research, including grants and publications.
- Demonstrated awareness of and sensitivity to diverse student populations and ability to contribute to the University’s commitment to enhancing student awareness and appreciation of diverse ethnic and cultural heritages.
- Uphold the reputation of the University, to cooperate with the administration, and to observe and enforce the policies and procedures of the University to the best of their abilities.
- Full-time faculty have an obligation to give full-time service to the University during the periods of their contracts.
The University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national and ethnic origin, sex, retaliation, marital status, religion or disability, or any other applicable local, state or federal regulation. Inquiries regarding provisions for persons with disabilities, equal employment opportunity and Title IX matters should be directed to the Office of Human Resources at 386-481-2049.
The university reserves the right to modify job descriptions at any time in its' attempts to improve the operations of the university
*Please mention you saw this ad on TechnicalCollegeJobs.*
Technical College Jobs in Popular Cities