The following duties are typically expected of this position. These are not to be construed as exclusive or all-inclusive. Other duties may be required and assigned by the President.
1. Lead the development and implementation of human capital programs and processes that will support operational requirements, lead and inspire a mission-driven culture and reinforce Madison College’s reputation as an employer of choice.
2. Serve as an active member of the Cabinet and provide advice on strategic HR issues.
3. Regularly assess the market position of HR programs and practices against comparable educational institutions and markets.
4. Identify strategic trends and best practices in human resources and adopt those which support the college’s strategic objectives.
5. Provide leadership to the HR function by developing a high performing, service-focused and team-oriented departmental culture.
6. Foster an environment of inquisitiveness, transparency, open communication, trust and teamwork.
7. Serve as a mentor to the HR team and provide opportunity for training and professional development.
8. Collaborate with and advise the President and Cabinet on matters of human capital, recognizing external market factors, trends and opportunities.
9. Partner with VP of Equity, Inclusion and Community Engagement to drive an integrated Equity & Inclusion Program, promoting an environment where inclusion is viewed in the broadest sense to reflect the college’s student body.
10. Identify opportunities to increase the satisfaction and retention of faculty and staff; ensuring engagement and ongoing professional development with an emphasis on continuous improvement, learning and accountability.
11. Partner with leaders in recruitment strategies to attract, retain and promote a diverse workforce.
12. Lead the development of recruitment strategies and implementation of plans to leverage both internal and external talent resources.
13. Adapt HR and workplace practices to fulfill strategic goals of the college.
14. Review and manage human resource-related policies to maintain compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and to achieve and sustain a highly productive, motivated and engaged workforce.
15. Evaluate current HR processes to identify opportunities for process improvements and operational efficiencies utilizing the knowledge and capabilities of HR staff and HR systems, including Workday.
16. Evaluate suitability of total rewards programs relative to the college’s strategy and market competitiveness.
17. Build internal communication network to facilitate ongoing communication between dispersed campuses on HR-related processes and procedures.