Pool TitlePOOL - Office Assistant - Federal Work Study
Perform general clerical tasks to include customer service and other administrative duties in support of the department’s daily operations at various locations on the FTCC Fayetteville campus and the FTCC Spring Lake Campus.
• Must be familiar with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
• May provide customer service by greeting visitors, answering inquiries, and explaining departmental procedures.
• May process basic data entry or maintain logs/records.
• May direct callers to appropriate personnel.
• May assist students at the discretion of the department.
• May check student IDs and monitor student behavior.
• May assist with signing in and out resources to students.
• May assist students with notetaking.
• May assist with campus events.
• May utilize computer systems to create and proofread documents, correspondence and reports.
• May learn and use specialized software.
• May distribute and sort materials for delivery to appropriate destinations.
• May file and copy documents as directed.
• May assist with promotional activities (e.g. social media, web page)
• May assist with upkeep of work area to including opening and closing procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Have a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) on file for current award year.
• Have a financial need.
• Not be in default on a federal loan.
• Have not reached Lifetime Pell Eligibility limit.
• Have an eligible Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) status.
• Be in a program eligible for financial aid.
• Have at least a cumulative 2.0 financial aid GPA.
• Be currently enrollment in at least six (6) credit hours or more in an approved program.
• Possess satisfactory telephone and customer service skills.
• Good reading, writing and communication skills.
• Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
• Ability to maintain confidential information.
• Ability to operate office equipment and utilize office computer systems.
• Ability to work both independently and with others.
• Ability to work with individuals with diverse backgrounds.
• Demonstrate the ability to professionally, effectively and tactfully provide services to the administration, faculty, staff, and students
The Fayetteville Technical Community College is an Equal Opportunity Educational Institution/Employer.