An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Patrols campus buildings and grounds via foot, bicycle, and/or motor vehicle to ensure compliance with public safety measures.
2. Assists the Public Safety Officer II in initiating investigations of violations of Federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. Assists the Public Safety Officer II and/or Constable with investigations of suspicious and/or criminal activity which includes preserving a crime scene and interviewing victims, witnesses, suspects, and defendants. Interacts with the appropriate law enforcement agencies and/or College/campus administration when needed.
3. Initiates appropriate levels of physical intervention in strict compliance with the College Use of Force Policy.
4. Responds to all emergencies and takes appropriate action by communicating with the appropriate authority. Initiates the intervention of emergency services in response to criminal and domestic violence, traffic, miscellaneous complaints, and other activities.
5. Attends meetings related to public safety and participates in seminars/conferences relative to institutional public safety.
6. Coordinates environmental controls in each building; support all schedules through alternate room assignments on an as-needed basis.
7. Utilizes the College’s administrative software system to maintain electronic and written logs, diaries and records. Prepares routine reports of investigations as assigned for review by the on duty supervisor.
8. Works as directed by the Chief of Public Safety to execute plans to ensure a smooth transition of students and instructors to classes for evening classes when needed.
9. Provides the first level of Crisis Intervention to assist faculty and staff with unruly people.
10. Conducts courier services and transports bank deposits and sensitive, confidential documents as needed.
11. Provides Identification Card production services to the campus community. Maintains database of card issuance as assigned.
12. Enforces the Tobacco Free Workplace policy and educates violators regarding the policy.
13. Performs other related duties as required.