An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities as determined by the supervisor:
1. Plans, organizes, and instructs the course, HLH 130, as assigned by the Instructional Director/supervisor, utilizing the instructional management system, effective communications, classroom management, leadership, and teaching techniques to promote student success. Normal contact hours are 15 – 18 unless otherwise modified by the Instructional Director/Dean.
2. Demonstrates best practices in instruction and classroom management that respond to students’ diverse academic needs
2. Collaborates with the Clinical Coordinator and participates in the selection of appropriate clinical sites.
3. Uses instructional technology including multimedia to meet students’ learning needs and achieve the objectives of the academic program/College.
4. Provides input into planning revisions to HLH 130 and collaborates with other instructors on coordination of content between HLH 130 and other curriculum courses. Participates in the evaluation and revision of curriculum and courses as part of the annual course evaluation process and/or as assigned. Contributes to program review.
5. Maintain current knowledge of Delaware Division of Long Term Care regulations, and participates in planning for scheduled site visits.
6. Provides instruction at off campus location, if required.
7. Participates in the planning and implementation of Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (SLOA).
8. Makes oneself accessible and available to assist students. Provides a minimum of six (6) posted office hours per week to students.
9. Serves as an advisor for students, utilizing effective advisement strategies, the Student Educational Plan and other advisement tools to promote student retention and progression.
10. Assists students toward the successful completion of course(s) which the instructor is teaching by providing outreach, guidance, feedback, supplemental instruction, tutoring, and other approved forms of academic support.
11. Maintains adequate student records (e.g. grades are posted in the LMS in a timely fashion). Evaluates and reports students’ progress and attendance in a timely manner.
12. Works as a team member with other faculty and staff to facilitate routine department operations and achieve departmental goals and objectives. Provides guidance to new and adjunct faculty as assigned.
13. Participates in the College New Faculty Development Program during two-year probationary period to ensure understanding of the mission of the College and preparation to instruct students with various learning styles. Completes the Instructional Design Technology Certificate or can demonstrate mastery of the competencies.
13. Maintains professional development/growth, including active involvement in professional organizations, committees, professional development in-service programs, etc. Maintains current Delaware RN licensure.
14. Participates in departmental/campus/College meetings and serves on campus or Collegewide committees. Participates in advisory committee meetings and other college- and student-related activities. Advises student clubs and organizations as required.
15. Participates in developing and implementing college policies, objectives, and/or functions in accordance with the philosophy of the College. Areas include, but are not limited to: departmental program planning, marketing, budget development, and public relations.
16. Assists in providing support for operations/events/processes to enhance recruitment, enrollment/registration, advisement, transfer, and graduate employment, as assigned.
17. Assists in attaining and maintaining program accreditation as needed.
18. Participates in day, evening, and weekend program staffing as requested.
19. Performs other related duties as required.