Job TitleDish Washer/Prep
DepartmentPurchasing and Auxiliary Services
3-5 Years Culinary Experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Hands on experience with industrial washing machines and manual washing stations.
2. Able to follow instructions and help with various tasks, as needed.
3. Able to adhere to sanitation guidelines and work in an organized manner.
1. Remove garbage regularly.
2. Sanitize and wash utensils, equipment, pots, pans, and other items and store properly.
3. Help to organize work stations and areas before/during/after service.
4. Ensure that containers, cups, etc. are constantly replenished during service.
5. Always observe dish machine performance and report any issues immediately.
6. Sanitize the kitchen area including floors.
7. Put stock and supplies away in the proper locations, making sure everything has a label and date.
8. Clean or prepare various foods/food items for cooking or serving.
9. Clean garbage cans, carts, and various stay-in-place equipment.
10. Complete other duties assigned by supervisor(s).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift and lower, at times, 50 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Hiring Range$12-13 per hour
Job TypePart Time Staff
Open Until FilledYes
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.