Job TitleCashier/Delivery (Work Study Position)
DepartmentPurchasing and Auxiliary Services
High School Diploma or GED
preferred cashier experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Excellent Customer service skills.
2. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
3. Ability to work organized and meet delivery deadlines.
4. Ability to problem solve and meet customer needs.
5. Ability to perform cleaning duties and tasks.
6. Ability to operate the cash register and POS System.
1. Operating cash register and waiting on customers.
2. Delivering food in a timely manner, meeting pre-established delivery times and
Maintain the quality of food.
3. Wiping down tables in café, cleaning salad bar and beverage areas, and
maintain/replenish containers, cutlery, napkins, etc.
4. Complete other duties assigned by supervisor(s).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times, 50 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursA maximum of a 20-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Summer schedules may vary to enable four-day or four-and-one-half
Hiring Range$9.50 / hr
Job TypeWork Study
Open Until FilledYes
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.