Job TitleMSF Basic Rider Coursed (Adjunct Faculty)
DepartmentContinuing Education Department
1. Must be MSF certified and approved by the North Carolina Motorcycle Safety Education program.
2. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
3. Ability meet deadlines.
4. Ability to make presentations to large audiences.
5. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
6. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
Overall summary of the essential functions of the position.
1. Arrive to assigned class at least 15 minutes early prepared to teach the class.
2. Follow the syllabus and outline to teach subject material to students.
3. Complete roster and sign in sheets each day.
4. Turn in all class paperwork immediately following the last day of your class.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Job TypeAdjunct Faculty
Open Until FilledYes
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.