Job TitleCAE Computer Lab Monitor/Office Assistant (Work-Study)
DepartmentStudent Engagement and Transitions
The student is actively pursuing the completion of a certificate, diploma, or degree at Durham Tech. Successful completion of CIS 110 or equivalent.
Prior experience in clerical support and customer service preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
2. Familiar with learning management systems such as Sakai and college email
3. Strong interpersonal skills
The Center for Academic Excellence work-study student office assistants will work several different areas including the Center for Academic Excellence computer lab, Vice President’s office, and the Center for Academic Excellence front desk.
The student will perform the following duties and hold the following responsibilities:
1. Provide a student-centered, service-oriented, professional atmosphere.
2. Greet guests, answer incoming telephone calls, take and distribute messages.
3. Monitor student use of the Center for Academic Excellence Computer Lab.
4. Verify each computer lab user is authorized for access via current student identification card.
5. Abide by and enforce the College’s Appropriate Use Policy.
6. Assist students with computer or printer use, including, formatting, saving, printing, copying, emailing.
7. Oversee accurate data collection of computer lab and Center for Academic Excellence use.
8. Maintain confidentiality of all student information.
9. Assist other Center for Academic Excellence or College employees when needed.
10. Check areas for adequate supplies, operational equipment, and cleanliness.
11. Send out Center for Academic Excellence referral forms to full and part-time faculty via SWIFT system.
12. Assume other appropriate duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Center for Academic Director or the Dean of Student Engagement and Transitions.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time;
• Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.; and
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursThe work study student office assistant is required to work an agreed-upon number of hours on a schedule determined by the Director of Center for Academic Excellence to fulfill the responsibilities of the position. The schedule may involve day, evening, a
Job TypeWork Study
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.