Job TitleAdjunct Instructor, Custodial/Environmental Services
DepartmentContinuing Education Department
Master’s Degree from an accredited institution.
Currently a member of (IEHA) International Executive Housekeepers Association, Inc. or willing to join.
One (1) year teaching or training experience
The adjunct instructor primarily teaches curriculum offered to a corporate client. This program provides training for all EVS Specialist/Technicians, Housekeepers, or Custodians
Provides learning activities that stimulate student involvement and encourage critical thinking. The curriculum teaches the foundation of Custodial/Environmental Service operations by providing real-world knowledge and skills needed for a long-term career in the Hospitality/Environmental Services industry.
• Organizes program of practical and technical instruction, including demonstrations of skills required in Environmental Services professions, lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology; prepares outline of instructional programs and studies, and creates and assembles instructional materials.
• Assigns lessons to students
• Keeps records of daily attendance and student progress.
• Assists students, individually or in groups, with lesson assignments to present or reinforce learning concepts; responds to basic student questions; may initiate study groups in preparation for exams.
• Assists students to develop and implement effective study skills, practices and provide quality instruction at all times to adult students, teaching classes for the entire class period and properly covering the curriculum and outline for instruction.
• Enforce academic policy and procedures at all times.
• Report to the Director any issues, concerns, or problems as it relates to the curriculum, instruction or student conduct/behavior.
• Represent the college in a positive and professional manner at all times.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursThis is a part time position; hours/days vary.
Job TypeAdjunct Faculty
Durham Technical Community College provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Durham Technical Community College complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Durham Technical Community College expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Durham Technical Community College employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.