An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Acts as liaison between supervisor and faculty, other departments, students, and the public and provides guidance on routine matters. May maintain supervisor’s calendar.
2. Formats and types memoranda, correspondence, reports, newsletters, financial/legal documents, contracts, cases, charts, and similar materials from written drafts using word processing software. Materials may contain difficult terminology and confidential information.
3. Reviews and routes incoming mail; composes routine reply for employer’s signature; maintains a follow-up filing system on correspondence; may forward copies of correspondence to other department officials for their information and response.
4. Answers telephone, gives routine information to callers, transfers calls to appropriate official, places outgoing calls, and schedules appointments for supervisor resulting from public contact. Greets visitors, ascertains nature of business, and directs visitors to appropriate staff person.
5. Arranges details for staff, Board, committee, commission, and other meetings, conferences, hearings, and travel, including schedules, reservations, location of function, seating of guests, and other scheduling responsibilities; completes expense forms; takes or arranges for the taking of minutes of meetings, conferences, etc.
6. Establishes and maintains complex filing system for the unit, including follow-up files. Orders supplies.
7. Keeps a variety of logs and unit records, such as staff time and leave, financial documents, and other records. Collects and compiles data into final form for review by supervisor.
8. Maintains basic databases and may prepare basic statistical reports. Assists with budget preparation. Processes registrations and payments for students as assigned. May process some travel requests.
9. May supervise clerical employees and/or College Work Study students.
10. Performs other related duties as required.