An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Serves as a technical resource and lead worker for Research Analyst I’s. Serves as the project lead on a greater number of projects, including assigning project tasks to Research Analyst I’s and tracking their completion. Arranges and maintains project schedules and timelines. Develops and implements strategies to complete assignments within deadlines. Maintains detailed and accurate documentation of all projects.
2. Interprets prepared data and provides input and recommendations for decision-making. Presents and explains data to decision-makers as assigned by the director of research and analytics and in his/her absence.
3. Recommends and implements methodology as well as creates queries and scripts for collecting, interpreting, analyzing, and reporting on College data. Addresses ad hoc data requests from the campus community, completes institutional/external surveys, and serves as a liaison in data sharing activities.
4. Works with subject matter experts to frame research questions and determine the scope of analysis.
5. Uses statistical and analytical software and Business Intelligence tools to identify trends and patterns in enrollment, retention, and graduation rates. Compares consistency of data against other data sources and establishes automated procedures for analysis and reporting.
6. Translates data into clear, usable, actionable information to aid leadership with decision-making and strategic planning improvements.
7. Consults with faculty and staff to document project objectives and assist in the creation of surveys to ensure that the necessary data is collected in a manner that can be analyzed for meaningful reports.
8. Reviews, updates, and submits data to external agencies such as IPEDS, VFA, and the National Student Clearinghouse. Responds to internal requests from College decision-makers.
9. Develops and provides training for faculty and staff to access and understand student data reports provided by the data team.
10. Commits to advancing knowledge through publications, tools, and innovative practices and applies knowledge to daily work. Actively engages in the College’s continuous improvement and student success initiatives.
11. Performs other related duties as required.