Department: Technology Support Services
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Jun 19, 2019
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at three satellite locations in the Greater Boston area. Founded in 1973, BHCC is the largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, serving some 18,000 students annually across all modes of instruction. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry specific training programs. The College is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is a Hispanic and Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Approximately 900 International Students attend from 107 countries, speaking 75 languages.
BHCC is a progressive institution guided by five goals: to Foster Student Success, Strengthen Career, Transfer and Workforce Readiness, Advance Diversity, Inclusion and Equity and Develop the College's Infrastructure. The College is committed to a learning community teaching/learning environment and, as an Achieving the Dream institution, is focused on data-driven student success.
LIVING IN BOSTON:
Boston prides itself on being one of the most livable cities in America with twenty-one diverse neighborhoods offering exceptional medical facilities, vibrant neighborhood business districts, museums, galleries and an extensive network of parks and outdoor recreational areas. Unemployment consistently tracks lower than the national average and job growth in 2014 and 2015 were ahead of projections. Eighty-plus colleges and a quarter of a million college students in the area make Boston one of the country's "youngest major metropolis," according to Boston magazine. Suburbs outside of Boston offer affordable housing options with easy access to public transportation.
Reporting to the Director of Technical Support Services, The Manager of TSS assists in directing a department that provides Tier I and II technology support for BHCC students, faculty and staff. The department supports college business and academic operations. General responsibilities of this position include staff supervision, coordination, integration and optimization of services, and hardware/software asset management. Shifts may vary between 8AM and 8PM and may require one weekend day.
- Hiring, managing, scheduling and supervision of full-time and part-time Technology Support Services staff.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to understand technical challenges and deliver optimal support service.
- Effectively assign work to appropriate staff.
- Optimize workflows to improve standard help desk metrics such as closed on first call, time to resolution, and customer satisfaction response.
- Identify and evaluate new hardware solutions, operating systems and selected software applications for compatibility and effectiveness.
- Standardize and document all repeatable procedures.
- Maintain and support the student, faculty, staff and special use computers, printers, copiers, scanners, networks and additional peripheral equipment
- Create and implement training strategy for continuous staff development.
- Manage projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Technology or closely related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3 years' experience managing a help desk
- Minimum of 3 years in a direct supervision managerial role supporting end-user computing.
- Proven ability to manage and maintain high-quality service levels.
- Demonstrated success in providing exceptional internal customer service
- Experience with Windows 7, 8, 10 Operating System and Mac 10.X Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in using and supporting computer imaging software i.e. Ghost
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population
- Experience troubleshooting network and connectivity issues.
- Exposure to ERP and document management systems
Review Date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received BY July 4, 2019.
Salary Range: $65,000.00-$70,000.00
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE