An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
Responsible for all aspects of administration of one or more designated high-level systems software packages, e.g. Exchange, Active Directory, Single Sign-On systems, VMware Vsphere, Hyper-V, Content Management Systems, workstation deployment systems, web servers, and other system and utility programs. Has enterprise level access to all collegewide and campus servers.
2. Hires, trains, evaluates, and supervises systems specialist(s). Serves as project manager for assigned complex projects and delegates tasks to systems specialists. Performs advanced systems integration design as well as deployment planning including the most appropriate and efficient way for client desktops to interact and use system applications and servers.
3. Configures, maintains, troubleshoots, and repairs file servers, firewalls, routers, switches, wireless access points, fiber optic cabling connections, copper network connections, workstations and laptops. Contacts vendors for major problems and when the equipment is under warranty or service contract.
4. Provides documentation and instruction to faculty and staff in the procedures, methods, and use of technology resources.
5. Recommends campus purchase of systems hardware, software, and peripherals.
6. Performs system analysis, determines system requirements, and designs, installs, and maintains server systems and associated peripherals and storage systems. Monitors system operation and performance and provides system support as required both during and outside of normal business hours and work days.
7. Develops and maintains desktop deployment strategies including developing methods to distribute applications to clients and automated methods to manage desktop PCs and other network devices.
8. Keeps current concerning state-of-the-art trends in the field.
9. Writes bid specifications. Oversees delivery and installation. Monitors warranty and/or service contracts.
10. Maintains inventory and repair records.
11. Serves as departmental representative on campus committees to provide input regarding server and systems issues as assigned. Assists associate vice president for Information and Instructional Technology and/or the director of Information Technology Systems with special projects as assigned.
12. Performs other related duties as required.