An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Provides technical leadership in a specialty area(s) such as Lean Manufacturing, Quality Management Systems, Human Resources, Information Technology, Marketing and Strategic Planning, Financial Planning and Assistance, etc.
2. Responsible for design and development of new DEMEP product offerings in the field of manufacturing.
3. Interacts with manufacturing clients to understand their manufacturing processes, technologies and business practices and to provide information and guidance regarding DEMEP services.
4. Conducts business and operational assessments of manufacturers to identify needs and establishes action plans to address those needs.
5. Manages projects for individual manufacturers to ensure high quality and timely completion. Identifies and coordinates the implementation of any consultant services needed and ensures that project remains within budget.
6. Conducts seminars and/or workshops to build awareness among manufacturers of new technologies and business practices and to establish networks of manufacturers with common issues and/or needs.
7. Acts as a liaison between manufacturers and the National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), trade organizations, State education and economic development groups, and others.
8. Researches national publications, federal and State guidelines, trade journals, etc., to remain current in technologies and business practices in assigned area(s) of expertise.
9. Prepares a variety of reports, technical articles for publication, and technical input for brochures and flyers.
10. Prepares grant applications and develops written proposals and contracts.
11. Develops future business through networking with existing and potential clients during cold calls, public events, and historical project follow-up discussions. Promotes employee engagement and drives results.
12. Supervises and/or trains personnel as assigned.
13. Performs other related duties as required.