An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Serves as library liaison to faculty in assigned subject areas. Develops collection by selecting, updating and/or de-acquisitioning print, non-print, and electronic resources, with a heavy emphasis on support materials for individual campus programs as well as items supporting the general curriculum.
2. Provides information literacy instruction to students, faculty, and staff, which may include the following: library-related tours, lectures, and demonstrations; information literacy presentations in classes across the curriculum; credit-bearing information literacy courses, both in-person and online; web-mounted tutorials, videos, and electronic research guides; and interactive workshops for faculty and staff.
3. Collaborates with faculty to integrate information literacy instruction into the curriculum.
4. Establishes procedures for the acquisition, cataloging, and processing of library materials through use of the international cataloging utility. Communicates with regional library network LYRASIS, the national bibliographic utility OCLC, and other organizations to maintain the Technical Services function of the library. Maintains the accuracy of DTCC records in the Delaware Library Catalog and OCLC. Performs original cataloging when necessary. Develops and maintains local and consortial methods of access to library materials. Provides inventory control and maintains statistics on library holdings. Maintains library archives.
5. Implements mandates established by the federal government for U.S. Government Depository Libraries.
6. Makes recommendations for purchase and maintenance of equipment and software used for acquisitions, assessment, circulation, cataloging, collection development, electronic resources management, information literacy instruction, marketing/outreach and reference.
7. Evaluates and selects electronic library resources such as web sites, databases, etc. Investigates and oversees online reference services and collaborates with other librarians regarding the implementation and maintenance of these services. Recommends appropriate products for purchase, promoting these resources and incorporating them into library instruction aids. Interacts with college web personnel to provide library resource information.
8. Markets the library collection and its services to faculty, staff, and students through College publications, displays, presentations, workshops, electronic newsletters and digital signage.
9. Monitors advances in the library profession through reading professional literature and attending conferences, workshops, and meetings.
10. Participates in setting and evaluating goals and objectives as part of the annual Educational Support Outcomes Assessment (ESOA) for the library. Represents the library in Student Learning Outcomes Assessment (SLOA) related to information literacy. Participates in library planning, internal library research, and library services assessment.
11. Performs other related duties as required.