An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Assists the athletic coach is supporting student-athlete academic success by ensuring students are meeting the College’s academic progress expectations and providing and enforcing appropriate interventions when there are signs of deficiency.
2. Maintains positive relationships with Delaware high school coaches to assist the athletic coach in recruiting prospective student-athletes to ensure a team can be fielded for the duration of the entire academic year.
3. Collaborates with other coaches to plan and direct the athletic team, assigning positions, preparing players for athletic competition, developing and implementing strategies to improve performance, and determining game strategy. Continuously evaluates and adjusts plan as changes occur and players develop.
4. Models and encourages leadership, sportsmanship, teamwork, and positive citizenship.
5. Assists in verifying athlete eligibility prior to competition across multiple semesters.
6. In the absence of the athletic coach, serves as the responsible party for student-athlete safety and conduct during all team athletic practices, games, events and activities and notifies the athletic director of any issues.
7. Assists the athletic coach in supporting marketing and public relations efforts by providing game/athletic contest results and highlights in a timely manner, sharing student-athlete success stories, and promoting athletics in the community using forums such as social media.
8. Assists in overseeing the maintenance and inventory of sports equipment and supplies.
9. Participates in regular coaching meetings and professional development as designated by the athletic director.
10. Assists head coach in scheduling games, events, and transportation of players to games.
11. Performs other related duties as required.