An incumbent may perform any combination of the below listed accountabilities:
1. Identifies and diagnoses malfunctioning systems to include air conditioning, refrigeration, ventilation, boilers, heat pumps, environmental units and related electrical components. Repairs and replaces systems to comply with federal, state, ASHRAE standards and the National Electrical Code.
2. Conducts preventative maintenance on complex HVAC/R systems and determines the need for repair and/or replacement of system components to include mechanical, electrical and/or fluid.
3. Oversees the work of certified/skilled mechanics or HVAC/R apprentices in the performance of maintenance, repair and servicing of HVAC/R equipment.
4. Performs mechanical, electrical and structural modifications to heating, ventilation, air conditioning, refrigeration, electrical and pneumatic control systems.
5. Interprets various diagrams, blue prints, and layouts.
6. Identifies and recommends the use of contractors when resources are limited.
7. Estimates time and materials required to complete a variety of repair and replacement projects.
8. Maintains records of work performed, materials used, time spent on assignments, and refrigerant used logs in accordance with established procedures and federal law.
9. Operates various electrical and testers, humidity recorders, leak testing equipment, refrigeration gauges, temperature recorders, torches, recovery units, vacuum pumps and micron meter and related testing and repair devices.
10. Requisitions supplies, materials and labor.
11. Performs other related duties as required.