Instructional Program Assistant - Nursing Programs
Salary : $45,237.00 - $48,006.00 Annually
Location : Lakewood, WA
Job Type : Full-time, regular
Direct Report Unit : Instruction
Job Number : 2122C10
Closing : 12/15/2021 11:00 PM Pacific
As the Instructional Program Assistant (IPA) your position will be essential for Clover Park Technical College's Nursing Programs. In this position you will be working closely with the Dean of Nursing the Nursing Faculty to help achieve CPTC's mission in "Educating Tomorrow's Workforce" through delivering timely customer service, assisting all elements of the Nursing Departments functions, and helping with the accreditation process.
The Nursing Department is a fast-paced environment and as the IPA, you will be in the center of all the action. To be successful in the role of IPA, you will need to be organized, a collaborator, and be able to prioritize and handle multiple projects at a time. A successful candidate will also have exemplary customer services skills, as customer service is a critical piece to this position. You will be greeting visitors, calmly handling complaints, and patiently assisting students, faculty, and industry partners who visit the Dean's Office. Learn more about our Nursing Programs here: https://www.cptc.edu/programs/nursing
What You'll Accomplish In Your First Year: In the role of the Nursing Program's IPA, you will be assisting with all elements of the Nursing Programs Functions. In your first year, you will the opportunity to:
- Learn current processes and collaborate with the Dean of Nursing to improve and create more efficient processes.
- Coordinate with faculty to prepare the college for the accreditation process.
- Build, edit, troubleshoot, and prepare quarterly course schedules.
- Work closely with faculty and the Dean to prepare program licensure information.
Your Team: As the IPA for CPTC's Nursing Programs you will be working closely with the Dean and Faculty. The Nursing Program Dean and Faculty are passionate about their careers in education. They work to continuously improve their program to ensure success in their student's careers and are excited to welcome you to the team!
Clover Park Technical College celebrates the many individuals that make up our community and embraces the opportunity to learn from both our differences and similarities. CPTC values equity and respect and seeks to create an environment of innovation and excellence and focuses on student success, lifelong learning, and social responsibility.
The Instructional Program Assistant is an overtime-eligible, full-time position.
This position is represented by the Clover Park Federation of Classified Employees, Local 4789.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
Duties and Tasks (Essential Functions)
Tasks: Provide administrative support to the division dean's office.
- Gather, reconcile, and report comprehensive data at the dean's direction or request utilizing college databases, student information portals, accrediting/licensing body websites, internal and external documents, and internet research.
- Maintain the division office (Dean's) schedule/calendar in coordination with other IPA's.
- Act as a liaison with other college departments and divisions to support various activities such as curriculum committees, planning in-services, and other events.Assist students with questions and concerns, including the student concern process, and referring when appropriate.
Tasks: Provide administrative support to the nursing programs. faculty and staff.
- Assist faculty in gathering information, identifying, and filling out appropriate forms, following college procedures for training, travel, ex[penses, purchasing supplies, and curricular modifications.
- Coordinate on/off-boarding with faculty.
- Coordinate meetings, take meeting minutes, prepare and organize documents for program advisory meetings, program reviews, and tenure-track faculty.
Tasks: Create, process, and monitor division office and program reports, contracts, and budgets.
- Prepare and process faculty contracts and related hiring forms.
- Review, reconcile and compile monthly budget reports.
- Coordinate with faculty to gather and prepare program licensure/accreditation information.
- Tasks: Provide outreach and support for even coordination for the nursing programs.
- Assist with planning, scheduling, and communicating events such as; Advisory Committee Meetings, Student Orientation events, Community events, etc.
- Associate's Degree OR two years of full-time clerical/administrative work experience in a professional office environment or educational setting.
- Competency using Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience managing complex budgets, including making budget recommendations and providing snapshot summaries.
- Ability to adapt to a high-volume and fast-paced work environment.
- The ability to contribute to the college’s commitment to diversity by fostering a climate of multicultural understanding and appreciation.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- More than two years of full-time clerical/administrative work experience in a professional office environment or educational setting.
- Experience supporting an administrative office within an educational setting.
- Experience supporting project managers and project implementation.
- Experience supporting community volunteer advisory boards.
- Complete application
- Upload cover letter describing your skills and experience, and how they relate to the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications of this position
- Upload resume
- Complete Supplemental Questions
All offers of employment at Clover Park Technical College are contingent upon successful completion of background checks which include criminal history and sexual misconduct information requirements. Information obtained from the background checks will not necessarily preclude employment but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the specific position.
Should you have any difficulties uploading your documents, please contact NeoGov Technical Support at 1-855-524-5627, Mon-Fri 6:00 AM to 6:00 PM Pacific Time.
Official transcripts are required upon hire.
At this time, Clover Park Technical College is not sponsoring H1-B Visas.
Per Governor Inslee’s Proclamation 21-14 (Download PDF reader), state employees must be fully vaccinated no later than October 18, 2021. If selected for the position, your vaccine status will be verified during New Employee Orientation. Should you need information regarding medical or religious accommodation, please email email@example.com