Position Status: Full time
Application Deadline: Open Until Filled or February 28, 2022
Primary Work Location: Warner Robins
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week / 12 calendar months per year
A review of completed application packets may begin upon receipt. Interviews of qualified candidates may be held prior to February 28, 2022; the position may close prior to February 28, 2022 based on candidate selections.
Under general supervision, maintains proper care of a technical college’s facilities. Performs a variety of routine duties such as sweeping, mopping, dusting, strip and waxing of floors, collection and disposal of trash, cleaning classrooms and restrooms, painting, moving furniture, hanging curtains, etc. May provide care and routine maintenance of grounds. May distribute and maintain materials, tools and equipment. May serve as lead custodian and perform supervision of custodial activities. Maintains qualifications for employment as described by the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG) Policy Manual and accreditation standards. Follows rules and regulations as described by the TCSG Policy Manual and other policies and procedures established by the institution. Position may require travel to any of the college campus or sites within the College’s service area and other travel as needed.
Projected Work Hours/Location:
The College is seeking positions for Warner Robins. Positions may require a flexible schedule to include day/evening or weekend hours to meet the needs of the department as well as travel as needed to additional locations. Position is scheduled to work all 12 calendars months per year and at 40 hours per week.
All candidates will be considered for both work schedules.
Monday through Friday: 6:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
Monday through Friday: 2:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- Any documented combination of training and experience which would have enabled the applicant to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities.
Preference may be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the minimum qualifications, demonstrate in the employment history possession of the following:
- Documented minimum of six (6) months experience performing custodial duties
Salary / Benefits:
Gross annual salary of $26,508.00. This is a fulltime position scheduled to work all 12 months a year and at 40 hours per week.
Position is eligible for state benefits to include retirement, insurance, leave accrual and holiday pay. CGTC is a member of Teachers Retirement System of Georgia (TRS) and Employees Retirement System of Georgia (ERS).
Applicants are required to complete the employment application in full and provide supporting documentation by the stated closing deadline for the position. GCTC does not accept mailed, faxed, or hand-delivered applications. Applicants who complete the application procedure will be evaluated for meeting the position requirements based on the published job responsibilities, meeting the minimum and preferred qualifications based on the educational history, employment skills presented under job duties in the application system against the published job announcement.
A completed application packet consists of the following:
1. A completed CGTC electronic application in the CGTC application portal. Resumes are not accepted in lieu of the CGTC electronic application. If submitted as supporting documentation it will not be considered in the applicant evaluation.
2. Postsecondary transcripts that demonstrate the conferral of the degree, if applicable, and demonstrates the applicant meets the educational minimum requirements and, if applicable, the preferred educational requirements (grade reports and diploma copies are not accepted in lieu of transcripts)
3. Positions requiring a High School Diploma or GED as a minimum qualification do not have to submit a HSD/GED transcript documentation as part of the application process.
4. Non-photo license(s) and/or certification(s) which fulfill the minimum, and if applicable the preferred qualifications stated in the job announcement. Incomplete application packets at the time of the position closing may not be considered. It is the
responsibility of the applicant to obtain and upload the application documentation by the stated deadline.
For more information concerning our application process or available positions, please contact the
Human Resources Office at 478-757-3449 or 478-218-3700 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All applicants are subject to the following applicable pre-employment screenings:
- Criminal History Records Motor Vehicle Records
- Employment References Pre-Employment Drug Test
- Fingerprint Records Credit History Records
- Psychological Screening Medical Examination
Central Georgia Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, sex, religion, disability, age, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law).
The Title IX/Section 504/ADA Coordinator for CGTC nondiscrimination policies is Cathy Johnson, Executive Director for Conduct, Appeals and Compliance, Room A136, 80 Cohen Walker Drive, Warner Robins, Ga, 31088; Phone (478) 218-3309; Fax (478) 471-5197; Email: email@example.com.