Job TitleRecords Assistant (Work Study)
DepartmentStudent Development and Support
Proficient communication, organizational, time management, and writing skills; keyboarding and data entry into an electronic spreadsheet & document filing systems. Ability to properly answer the phones, greet office guests and respond appropriately to questions regarding Admissions, Registration, and Records (ARR) services; take messages and forward them to the appropriate person on staff. The ability to perform all other administrative duties or special projects as assigned.
Proficient with Office 365. Knowledge of WebAdvisor, Connectmail, and Self-Service. General knowledge of processes and procedures of the college (ex: how to apply to Durham tech, how to retrieve a HS/College Transcript)
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Confidentiality Agreement: As a Records Work Study Student, you must promise to keep all student records confidential at all times. You must understand that if you breech the confidentiality agreement, you will be terminated as a Work Study Student, which will be reported to the financial aid office.
This position will serve as support staff to the ARR office under the supervision of the Assistant Registrar and team leads as identified. This person is considered to be a member of the ARR office team and is thus expected to demonstrate professional behavior at all times. Report to work as scheduled – This schedule will be coordinated by the student and the supervisor.
· Greeting and assisting current and prospective students, faculty, and staff with ARR or college services in person or via telephone;
· Filing student records in the Records vault, Softdocs, or Secure Electronic Documents System and pull records as needed;
· Preparing items to be mailed from the ARR office;
· Entering data into the DTCC student database(s) under the strict supervision of ARR staff;
· Performing other duties as assigned by Assistant Registrar, by way of the Registrar and team lead as identified for a shift.
Required Working HoursMaximum 20 hours per week
Hiring Range$14.00 per hour
Job TypeWork Study
Open Until FilledYes