Job TitlePart-time Nursing Assistant Instructor, Continuing Education
DepartmentHealth and Wellness
The instructor must hold a current unrestricted license as a registered nurse in the state of North Carolina.
Work Experience: The instructor must have a minimum of two (2) calendar years of work experience in direct patient care as a registered nurse. At least one (1) of the years of direct care experience must be in care of the elderly or chronically ill of any age. The instructor must have a minimum of one (1) year experience in successfully teaching or training adult learners.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills.
2. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
4. Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action.
5. Ability to make presentations to large audiences.
6. Basic computer skills as evidenced by competence with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word and the ability to navigate websites.
7. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college.
Summary: The Nursing Assistant instructor is responsible for providing thorough and meaningful instruction based on the North Carolina NA 1 Curriculum and/or the North Carolina Nurse Aide II curriculum. More specifically, the nursing assistant instructor is responsible for the following:
1. Provide quality instruction at all times to nursing assistant students, teaching classes for the entire class period and properly covering the North Carolina NA 1 or NA II Curriculum course materials and competencies as specified in the course outline(s);
2. Contribute to the development and implementation of competency-based education and utilize available educational resources for the improvement of instruction and the creation of teaching materials;
3. Maintain accurate student and course records;
4. Communicate with the clinical facility staff regarding student experiences in the facility;
5. Provide input to the Director regarding student outcomes;
6. Enforce academic policy and procedure at all times; counsel students who have academic, attendance, behavior or communication difficulties;
7. Report to the Director any issues, concerns, or problems as it relates to the curriculum, instruction or student conduct/behavior.
8. Participate in nursing assistant faculty meetings and other college activities.
9. At all times, represent the college and the Continuing Education Division in a positive and professional manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
• Ability to maneuver in small spaces
• Ability to lift, at times, 40 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursMust be able to work up to a 20-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Hours are not guaranteed, but are based on student
Job TypeAdjunct Faculty
Open Until FilledYes