Job TitleAdjunct Instructor, Community Health Worker
DepartmentHealth and Wellness
BA or BS degree in an associated field, such as Public Health, Health Education, Sociology or Nursing
2 Years of work experience in the field of Social Work, Public Health, Health Education or Community Health Nursing
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Evidence of strong interpersonal skills, organizational skills, and effective oral and written communication/public relation skills.
2. Excellent problem-solving and critical-thinking skills.
3. Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
4. Ability to think creatively and put ideas into action.
5. Ability to make presentations to large audiences.
6. Competence with Microsoft Office products, including Excel and Word.
7. Personal integrity, honesty, and the ability to maintain confidentiality.
8. Understanding of the mission, goals, and objectives of a community college
The Adjunct Instructor is responsible for course preparation, delivery, grading, and records management. The instructor will work closely with the Director on matters related to and for the benefit of the Community Health Worker course and its students.
. Teach all courses, as assigned, for the full duration of scheduled instruction
2. Be fully prepared with a syllabus and instructional plans for each class session in accord with the stated objectives of the course
3. Enforce academic policy and procedures at all times, and comply with institutional rules and regulations
4. Maintain complete course and student records, reports, and forms
5. Participate in the curriculum development and monitoring process.
6. Make recommendations for additions to, or upgrading of, curriculum, course materials, equipment, and textbooks.
7. Share course materials and insights with other faculty members.
8. Keep up-to-date and in contact with local employers regarding appropriateness of course/program content.
9. Stay current with developments in the field of instruction
10. Utilizes additional community resources in instruction (i.e., field trips, presentations by guest speakers) relevant to course objectives.
11. Report to the Director any issues, concerns, or problems as they relate to the curriculum, instruction or student behavior.
12. Represent the College and the Continuing Education Division at all times in a positive and professional manner.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position. The physical and mental demands described as follows are representative of those that must be met by an employee in performing the essential functions of this job:
• Ability to sit and/or stand for long periods of time. Ability to move between classrooms, buildings, and campuses
• Ability to express or exchange ideas
• Ability to lift, at times, 10 lbs.
• Good eye/hand dexterity.
Required Working HoursUp to a 20-hour work week as determined with the supervisor to allow the employee to fulfill the assigned duties and responsibilities, including occasional evening and weekend hours. Hours are not guaranteed, but are based on student enrollment and facult
Job TypeAdjunct Faculty