Administrative Professional/Graphic & Web Design Instructor
Employment Type : full-time
Location : Cleveland, WI
# of Weeks : 52
Hours per week: 40
Work Schedule Days : Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
Reports To : Dean of Business, Technology, & Hospitality
Employment Type : Full-Time Faculty
Multiple Locations : No
Closing Date : For full consideration, applications should be received by: Wednesday, June 15, 2022
Salary Expectation : $59,296 to $74,120
** If the successful candidate hired does not meet the educational requirements, the position may be offered at a different salary, per the full-time faculty 2022/23 salary schedule.
LTC offers great benefits from health, dental, vision, life, even pet insurance! If you don't need health benefits you will receive a $4,000 stipend for waiving those benefits. We also offer a Retirement plan through the Wisconsin Retirement System as well as other supplemental retirement 403b and 457 plans. In addition, we have the option to contribute to the Wisconsin EdVest 529 Education Savings Plan.
Looking for time off? We offer PAID leave for sick leave (we call this paid leave of absence), and holidays. Faculty also receive 20 days of no class/no commit time. We have Friday's off in the summer and a Holiday break from Christmas through New Year's to give you a break from the busy semester!
There are so many additional benefits that we offer including tuition reimbursement, professional development, a free on-site wellness/fitness center and an on-site child care center. There are also employee discounts on plans with US Cellular, Sprint, Sports Core, and more. For additional information on all of our vast array of benefits, check out our benefits guide by clicking HERE.
Shift: Flexible day/evening/weekend hours, based upon the needs of the college
Location: Lakeshore Technical College - Cleveland Campus
Provide instruction to students in the Administrative Professional and Graphic and Web Design Programs at Lakeshore Technical College.
Responsible for placing learning first and providing educational experiences for learners in various formats, schedules, and in various places in accordance with the mission of the college inclusive of: facilitating learning, assessing student performance, as well as instruction and outcomes, developing and maintaining current/relevant course materials, and communicating with the community, other schools, the college, the division, and team members. Provide 5 Star Service throughout all customer interactions.
Faculty in this position will teach in multiple programs, coordinate a graphic studio and service learning, manage simulated environments, coordinate internships and direct students in the compilation of their portfolios, and actively support advisory committees. This position requires advanced knowledge and skill with industry specific technology (eg. Mac and PC platforms, Microsoft Office, Adobe Cloud, Wacom tablet).
• Provide regular curriculum and course improvement with continually updated teaching methods.
• Participate in subject or program leadership teams and college-wide committees.
• Work effectively in a team-based environment.
• Seek opportunities for continuous professional development.
• Facilitate optimal learning through integration of technology and utilization of appropriate delivery methods.
• Evaluate student learning based on course competencies employing formative and summative strategies.
• Create an inclusive, effective learning environment that addresses barriers and provides reasonable accommodations
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field. Master’s degree preferred. If no master’s degree, individual hired will be required to enroll in an accredited master’s degree program in a related discipline.
• A minimum of two years (4,000 hours) of recent occupational experience (directly related to administrative professional and graphic and web design fields) outside the field of education
• Experience with computer assisted instruction and software.
• Working knowledge of PC software in a windows environment.
• Experience desired in delivering instruction by alternative methods such as instructional television or online.
• Possess excellent classroom delivery skills, which encourage success and participation on the part of students.
• Must be innovative and able to collaborate with other staff for developing curriculum for classroom instruction.
• Must be well motivated and have a strong interest in contributing to the success of the College.
• Positive human relations and effective written and oral communication skills essential.
• Advanced knowledge of current Microsoft Office software and Adobe Creative Suite software.
• Exemplify college values in all staff and student interactions, as well as services delivered.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships and relate successfully with staff, students, and peopl;e of diverse cultural, social or educational backgrounds.
Condition(s) of Employment:
Employment conditional on completion of a Background Information Disclosure (BID) with the results acceptable to the College.
Must meet and maintain Faculty Quality Assurance System (FQAS) requirements.
Date Updated: 05/13/2022
Lakeshore Technical College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, disability, age, sexual orientation, genetic testing, lack of English skills, arrest or conviction record, political affiliation, veteran status, parental status, marital status, pregnancy or other protected categories, in its services, employment, programs, and/or educational programs and activities, including but not limited to admissions, access and participation. The college attempts to be in compliance with all federal laws including but not limited to Title IX & section 504. Inquiries regarding nondiscrimination policies are handled by the executive director of human resources/affirmative action officer, 1290 North Avenue, Cleveland WI 53015, phone 920.693.1139 or 888.468.6582, ext. 1139.
Lakeshore Technical College provides reasonable accommodations to assist persons with disabilities to access or participate in its programs or activities. Persons requiring accommodation to access the college’s programs, services, and/or employment should call LTC at 920.693.1000 or 888. Go To LTC (888.468.6582), or TTY 711