Posting TitleAdjunct Instructor - Automotive Service Technology
Position StatusPart Time
Assignment LengthNot applicable to Adjunct
Pay RateCommensurate with education and experience.
DepartmentSO Automotive Service Tech
Reporting to the campus department instructional leader, adjunct instructors provide assistance to students in their learning process by utilizing all appropriate college resources, materials, facilities, and educational technologies available to complement the teaching and learning process providing a direct impact to student success.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Accepts and teaches classes based on varied schedules and modalities as assigned by designated supervisor
• Accommodates diverse student needs and external stakeholders’ expectations of the College
• Demonstrates a sensitivity toward and respect for the myriad diversities represented in the student population, colleagues, and service area
• Prepares and delivers instruction to students following the College Master Syllabus using the approved learning management system
• Communicates regularly with students and college officials, including responding to e-mails, calls, and requests for meetings
• Independently pursues activities to enhance subject matter expertise, skills in various modes of instruction, and knowledge of learning
• Prepares assignments and assessments to assure achievement of learning outcomes
• Designs and maintains an active classroom environment conducive to student learning and success
• Maintains student attendance records weekly and certifies student enrollments by the established deadline
• Evaluates student performance and learning in accordance with discipline and department standards
• Provides regular and timely evaluation feedback to students, posts grades in the learning management system weekly, and submits final grades by the established deadline
• Assigns grades consistent with course requirements
• Assists in College’s commitment to assessing student learning outcomes and program learning outcomes and to achieving institutional performance measures
• Accepts assignments as necessary at other sites such as for dual credit courses
• Supports the College’s 3 Goals and 8 Principles
• Complete all required training and professional development sessions sponsored through Tarrant County College (TCC)
• Support the values of the College: diversity, teaching excellence, student success, innovation and creativity and service to the College
• Attends the workplace regularly and follows a work schedule to keep up with the demands of the worksite
• Adheres to College policies and procedures
• Adheres to applicable safety procedures
Performs other related tasks as required.
The duties listed are intended only as illustrations of the diverse types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position. The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
Required Minimum Qualifications
• Associate’s degree or higher*
• ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Master’s Certification
• Three (3) years of directly related, non-teaching work experience
*Degree must be from a regionally accredited college or university
• Experience teaching a class or facilitating training
• Teaching experience utilizing active learning techniques, service learning and innovative technology
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
• Ability to work effectively in a collaborative environment and a setting that is diverse
• Ability to think critically to effectively solve and communicate problems in a fast-paced environment where the demands for work are varied, and unpredictable in scope and volume
• Ability to use computer applications and enterprise systems, including proficiency with word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation software
• Skilled in excellent customer service and interpersonal skills with diverse populations
• Ability to work independently and take initiative
• Knowledge of the teaching discipline subject matter
• Knowledge of how students learn
• Ability to adapt to student learning needs
• Utilization of student-centered integrative learning strategies
• Promotion of positive expectations of students
• Incorporation of technology to enhance student learning
• Incorporation of pedagogical innovation
• Assessment of student learning
• Assessment of self-learning
• Assessment, evaluation, and revision of curriculum
• Development of relevant content for classes
• Development of effective classroom management processes and strategies
• Experience mentoring and advising students
• Engagement in peer collaboration and peer mentoring
• Engagement in service to the institution, profession, and community
• Participation in professional development in the teaching discipline to remain current in the teaching discipline and in pedagogy
• Continued educational attainment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and responsibilities.
Special Instructions Summary
This posting is for an adjunct position within our Automotive Service Technology program on the South campus.
Applicants must be able to work a flexible schedule.
Hiring supervisors review applications and make hiring decisions on an as-needed basis.
Your application on this posting may remain active for up to one year.
Note: For those with international transcripts, please upload your transcript evaluation.
Contact NameJames D Martin