Full Job Description
The Director of Corporate & Cause Partnerships (DCCP) is responsible for strategizing, planning, implementing, and managing a comprehensive fundraising line of business. This work has an emphasis on major corporations, businesses, organizations and cause marketing partners, in support of the overall mission and priorities of the Autism Society of America.
This position is responsible for personally assisting in and securing significant multi-year partnerships with corporations, businesses and organizations. The DCCP has the responsibility for high-level interaction and strategic involvement with decision-makers and ensures successful, long-standing partnerships. To be effective, this position must:
- build constructive and collaborative relationships internally and externally, at all levels
- deliver strong account management and execution
- ensure on-target financial performance; and satisfy contracted deliverables
The DCCP will be expected to lead cross-functional teams in planning initiatives, and successfully develop business accounts creatively and financially. The Director reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
This role partners with the President and CEO, as well as senior management team members, in the development of long and short-term goals, strategic plan, and annual business planning efforts. Regularly summarizes progress, and status updates, conveyed through written and verbal means to the team. Continually evaluates efforts and optimizes for success. Grows, builds and maintains strong internal and external networks to drive innovation, collaboration, ensure mutual value and cultivate long-term relationships.
- Achieve annual revenue goals. Meet and exceed specific annual and multi-year revenue goals aligned with strategic initiatives. Responsible for the development and leadership of a portfolio of accounts, consistently initiating, executing and achieving annual revenue and mission delivery goals; initially set at $3 million and expected to increase each year.
- This role serves as a consultant to partners by collaborating to understand their desired impact, investments, industry-driven needs, and strategic direction; offering solutions that leverage the Autism Society’s strengths, represent their individual needs, and add value to both parties. Understands the partners’ goals, strategies, and processes, and proposes opportunities to add value beyond the partner’s immediate requests.
- Identifies, plans, and implements strategic, holistic engagements with key corporate partners. Initiates and maintains key strategic relationships and partnerships.
- Directs ongoing prospecting efforts as a catalyst for new business development activity within new and existing portfolio of participants, demonstrating expertise in cause related marketing, consultative selling and ensuring the successful management of strategic relationships within a account management process.
- Establishes mechanisms to monitor actual results against plans, communicates status of plans and initiates corrective actions as necessary so that goals are met.
- Collaborates to build fundable programs and initiatives. Works internally with members of the Senior Management Team to create, package and articulate programs and initiatives that include desirable sponsorship/marketing/reach benefits. Each program must remain flexible so that prospective partner/sponsor’s marketing, philanthropy or business strategy can be achieved through a relationship with the Autism Society. While customization of the program is essential to meeting the needs of the sponsor, the program must remain focused on the Autism Society’s strategic plan priorities.
- Facilitates the negotiation of the entire sales process to legal sales contract or Letter of Agreement, which includes the internal approval process.
- Effectively develops and expands Corporate and Cause Partnership team to support growing portfolio and opportunities. Manages and motivates corporate partnership team.
(The responsibilities listed above are representative and not all-inclusive. Other duties may be assigned by supervisor/s. As outlined in your performance goal setting forms, you will be responsible for achieving the goals provided by and agreed upon.)
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- 10+ years’ experience in marketing or related experience
- 6-8 years of in corporate relations or business development
- Demonstrated track record of sales/corporate development experience with emphasis on new business acquisition
Specialized Skills and Knowledge:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to express key concepts, share ideas and information effectively; ability to create meaningful reports and business correspondence; public speaking experience preferred
- Excellent relationship-building skills with a disciplined approach to goal-setting and sales achievement; ability to close new business
- Excellent listening and collaboration skills; Ability to work in a team environment
- High energy, enthusiasm, professional, diplomatic, and positive can-do attitude
- Ability to be self-directed and work in a fast-paced work environment; must demonstrate strong work ethic
- Ability to drive urgency in the sales cycle and execute solution strategies; manage a robust pipeline
- Ability to evaluate, recruit, and hire to grow team; ability to manage and motivate a dedicated team
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and customer service skills, with troubleshooting and problem-solving capability
- Ability to organize multiple projects simultaneously, think creatively and maintain flexibility
- Creative and innovative in developing proven techniques and best practices that result in new corporate or association teams and sponsorships
- Ability to adapt and integrate at different audience levels in not-for-profit and for-profit organizations
- Travel required (35 - 40%), may include weekends and evenings
- Proficiency with major Customer Relationship Management platform, preferably
- Proven utilization of Salesforce (3 years experience)
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent time-management skills
- An open and inclusive style that encourages teamwork and acknowledges enthusiasm and success
- Demonstrated strong passion and respect for all people with autism, and the extended community
The Autism Society offers a competitive compensation, benefit and vacation package.
- Opportunity for organizational advancement
- Opportunity to work in a multi-faceted, fast-paced environment, make connections, and advance professional growth.
- The chance to make a difference and positively impact people’s lives
The Autism Society engages in fair hiring practices and is an equal opportunity employer that also strongly encourages people with developmental disabilities and disabilities to apply. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $80,000.00 - $100,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Marketing: 10 years (Required)
- Corporate Relations and Business Development: 6 years (Required)
Work Location: Remote